It’s official: I’m a nationally certified personal trainer (again)!! After letting my certification lapse (note to self: next time, keep up with those continuing education credits!) I decided I wanted to get back into the fitness game, so I took my National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) exam yesterday – and I passed!! :)
WAHOO! So, so happy right now!!
And that’s not all ;) I also have a lil surprise for all my fellow fitness friends:
An Exclusive NASM Course Discount!
When I ordered my materials, I worked with an amazing education advisor, Greg Lapp (seriously, within two minutes of our first conversation he’s calling me “Jess” – which immediately made me feel like I was back in the gym! lol) He always responded to my messages within 24-hours and even sent an email just checking in – which definitely motivated me to get back to studying! After I passed my exam, Greg checked out the blog and offered this exclusive discount for Prayers and Apples readers:
Call or email Greg Lapp directly, mention Prayers and Apples (or Jessica Walters), and receive a 10% discount off any NASM course!
There’s also a lil something in it for me: I’ll receive a $50 NASM promo code for every student who enrolls – which means I won’t have any excuse for not keeping up with my continuing education credits next time around ;)
NASM CPT-4 Exam Tips
So we definitely have some fun studies to get to today, but first I wanted to offer a few quick study tips for anybody preparing for their NASM exam:
- Download the Certified Personal Trainer NASM Exam Prep app by TouchMint (the absolute best thing I did!)
- Check out this post by Peanut Butter Fingers blogger, Julie (her list of focus topics is dead on!)
- Use the code on the inside cover of your book to access The Point and take advantage of the interactive question banks (I took each quiz a million times!)
- Know those muscle imbalances, compensations and corrective strategies inside and out!!
- And if you have any questions, feel free to email me! (I mean it!) ♥
(Update: For study tips on memorizing compensations, scroll down through the comment section at the end of this post! Also, for the most comprehensive study guide ever, check out this free download from one of my favorite bloggers, Kim, at Fittin Pretty!)
A couple mind-body-spirit notes before we go…
(I know this post is getting kind of long, but I thought you guys might be interested in these articles!):
- Beyond belief: Research is sounding the depths of the connections between spiritual practice and biomedicine (David Cameron for Harvard Medicine)
- Exercise may be the best medicine for Alzheimer’s disease (University of Maryland School of Public Health researchers, summary by ScienceDaily)
- Low omega-3 levels associated with poor cognitive performance and behavior in school children (Oxford University researchers)
Let me know if you have any NASM questions!
My post publishing schedule is super random (I really need to work on that! lol)
So if you don’t want to miss new articles, feel free to enter your email address below and we’ll shoot you a message when new posts go live :) ♥
*No boring spam, I promise! :) Just fun mind-body-spirit stuff! ♥
*Please note: You’ll receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription. Make sure you open and click confirm – otherwise, you won’t get updates! :)
You can also find Prayers and Apples on the social media sites below! ♥
Other Posts You Might Like:
- Positive Psychology: The Science of Beyonce
- How to Be Optimistic (Like a Boss)
- Gluten and Depression: The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- What Percent of Happiness Can We Control?
- Exercise and Mood: The Basics
- ADHD, Autism and the Gluten Connection
- Depression Research Everybody Deserves to Know
- Can You Really Die from a Broken Heart?