MBHE: Action Magazine (Castellana, Gunawan, Luis and Walters; Harvard Graduate School of Education; June, 2010) is a group project I completed for Dr. Fischer and Dr. Peabody‘s class, “Mind, Brain, Health and Education.” I served as the editor and nutrition author. Click here to check it out!
NOTE: The document quality might not be perfect when you first open it – just give it a few seconds to adjust. Also: zooming in a bit closer helps.
Article titles include:
• Mind Brain Health Education: Initiative
• MBHE Team Action: About the Editorial Team
• Two Angry Moms: An Interview with Amy Kalafa
• Brain Food: Powerful Foods that Boost Learning
• Vending Machines: Changing the Way Our Kids Snack
• Eat Breakfast: All the Smart Kids Are Doing It
• The Golden Minutes: Recess, Exercise, and Behavior
• The Positive Effects of Exercise on the Developing Brain
• Enhancing Student Engagement in Physical Education
• Physical Education: Its Benefits to Achievement
• How the Mind Grows through Physical Activity
• Redefining Aptitude: A Holistic View of the Learning Child
• Nutrition and Achievement
(Articles that I wrote are in bold.)
Working on this project inspired me to start Prayers and Apples! Again, I’d like to thank my co-authors for all of their hard work! Hope you enjoy!